HLSW crashes while starting
- If HLSW crashes immediately while starting up it seems that the HLSW server list is unfortunately corrupted and can not be used any more. To find out which server list is defective, move every single (*.sl09 Files) from the HLSW directory to any other directory. After the first file restart HLSW. If its still crashing put the displaced file back to the HLSW directory and try the next one. If HLSW is not crashing any more you found the damaged server list. A repair isn't possible at the moment!
- Delete the HLSW registry keys below HKEY_LOCAL_USER/Software/HLSW (perhaps only HLSW/HLSW and HLSW/DYNAMICVIEW)
- Check if the AppData directory is read only
- Delete old Plugins which you can find in <HLSW Folder>/plugins
The game runs slow/lags if HLSW is running in the background
The easiest solution is that HLSW closes itself while connecting. This option can be activated in the "Settings" under "Connecting".
A possible solution is to fade out the new serverlist view or the deactivation of the automatic refresh function before you connect. We couldn't locate the reason yet.
When I connect to a server using HLSW I only see the HL-Console and nothing happens...
If the file "valve.rc" exists in your mod or valve directory you have to add the following lines:
s_refgain 0.4 s_verbwet 0.25 s_distance 60 stuffcmds
Problems receiving Log-Files (LogAddress: Time out)
HLSW crashes while exiting
This is due to a bug in the old HLSW version where particularly defective serverlists without adresses where created. You'll have to delete all defective server entries from all lists. Simply delete all servers with the address ":27015" or similar. If you sort your list after the adress they appear at the bottom. To delete servers, expand the list, select the server and push "Del". After this everything should work just fine again...
In "mIRC Window" there are no clients to choose when mIRC is running.
This problem can have 3 reasons:
- Your version of mIRC is too old! To use the bot you need version 5.9+.
- If you have problems with Girc 3.1 and the IRC bot or the Connect Msg try this: In the Girc menu under "File" go to "Options" (or: ALT + O). Then hit "OK" and your problem should be solved ; )
- The string "mIRC" is not in the titlebar. Just enter "/titlebar mIRC" in a mIRC window and you problem should be solved.
Mostly when you use a Logitech mouse, you may not be able to change weapons ingame via mousewheel. There are 3 things you can try:
- Activate the "-console" parameter in the HLSW settings under Half-Life.
- Update your Logitech Mouseware.
- Uninstall your Logitech Mouseware.
HLSW doesn't work with my Proxy Server.
It is technically not possible to connect to a game server via a normal proxy.
That is only possible with a router.
Every time you connect with HLSW your Half-Life resolution is screwed up
Uncheck all parameters except "-console" in HLSW Settings under Half-Life. (You can activate other parameters too, if you are sure that you need them.)
following parameters in the field Additional parameters in Settings -> Settings.. -> Games -> Half-Life (double click):
-h height of your resolution and -w width of your resolution.
Important are the spaces between -h / -w and the settings.
For Example: for a resolution of 1024*768 you have to add
-h 1024 -w 768
in the field.
D-Link Router: All servers time-out
D-Link has released new firmware versions for some routers. Probably the time-out issues can be solved by installing one of the new versions.
In the Rcon-section I entered the wrong password, and now it says: "IP banned".
- On the server, open the file called "listip.cfg" and delete your IP. You will need to do a map change for it to take effect.
- Restart the Server.
- Reconnect to the Internet to get a new IP.
You may also try to connect from another IP and via rcon write
removeip [your_banned_ip_here] writeip
error message: "fatal error - could not find file system DLL to load."
Connect one time to a gameserver without HLSW, then it works again.
Starting Games as Administrator via HLSW
Servers with PunkBuster now require players to run the game as an administrator under WinXP/2K. Presently it's not very simple to do this with HLSW but we have a solution.
1. Download and install SUperior: http://www.stefan-kuhr.de/supsu/main.php3
2. Create a Bat-File e.g. "startgame.bat" with the following content:
@echo off echo Starting Game... call "<SUPATH>" administrator "<GAMEPATH> %1 %2 %3 %4 %5 %6 %7 %8 %9" exit
3. Replace <SUPATH> with the path to the su.exe (which comes with SUperior)
4. Replace <GAMEPATH> with the path to the Game
5. Now it must look like that:
@echo off echo Starting Game... call "C:\Programme\SUperior SU\su.exe" administrator "D:\Games\Enemy Territory\ET.exe %1 %2 %3 %4 %5 %6 %7 %8 %9" exit
6. Start HLSW, Settings > Settings and double click at the game
7. Select the Bat-File as the File of the Game
8. Save the settings and connect with HLSW :)
How long does it take until HLSW update the game server location?
About one week. For more information see Server Location
How can I add more maps to the maps list in the changelevel tab in the rcon section
HLSW only lists all maps it can find on the game server in the usual map directories.
To add new maps you have to connect to your game servers ftp with an ftp-tool and install the new maps into the proper map directory. If you don't know, how to connect to your game servers ftp to upload maps, please contact your game servers provider to get information about.
Why do I get the error "Server won't respond to "log" rcon command" every time time I try to connect to my gameserver via rcon?
+ip <your server IP>
to the server start command line
BF(1942,2,2142) - server is "Ping timeout", when i enter the ip (and port) even if the server is online (and players playing on it)Please enter the server address for bf series in the complete format with:
If you don't know, which ports to enter, try Gamers-Search.
Enter the servers name and it should show up the full server address with both ports.
HL(2) - Console/Changelevel: "OUTDATED: <mapname>"
Probably the map-file on the game server is corrupted, so check the file size against over servers/your client, and make sure, the file(size) is valid.
HLSW doesn't show server rules
Check if you have OpenVPN installed. You must configure OpenVPN to increase the mtu (packet size)